As most of you know, we moved to Kansas City from Minnesota about a year ago. We LOVED Minnesota, especially for it's beautiful parks, lakes etc. It was so wonderful to just head to the park anytime we wanted and rollerblade, walk, just sit in a beautiful place. I loved it and MISS IT SOOO MUCH! In many ways, going to parks was what we did for fun as a couple...and it was awesome.
Kansas City on the other hand....it's just plain ulgy. There are virtually no parks, and the parks we do have are man made ugliness....period. And there are just TONS of bugs, spider webs, grossness. we hate it;) actually really we do.
so what do we resort to when we want to get outside and try to have fun? ......
We take our dog to a wealthy subdivision, park the car, and walk around on boring side walks, pretending it is fun;)
And that is what we did this weekend....we had the most fun we could.....but were left wanting and missing the good old days in Minnesota.
Here are the pictures of our grand park adventure...i mean wealthy subdivision adventure...:)

family shot at a little pond that had a "resident's only" sign...oops.

us trying to pretend that the waterfall behind us (which you can't see in the picture) was really cool and beautiful.

A random shot of Nathan and our puppy Ranger who we love and made the park adventure "worth it"
So...please, if you live in a beautiful place.......get out get out get out and enjoy it!!!!!!!!!!! You are blessed!!!

4 comments:
Oh my gosh . . . I had no idea that you hated KC so much!! Well, I do live in a GORGEOUS state and I enjoy it everyday!! Anyhow, "it's the little things" that should never be taken for granted for sure!! I understand completely! We have snow now and I've ordered Kaitlyn a Cabela's pink camo snow outfit so once we get it . . . let MORE FUN begin!! I loved the pictures of you guys! Your little tummy is so precious!! It was great to see Ranger again. Wow, he's gotten big from when we saw him! Can't wait to see you guys all in April!
Great advice Katie. I take for granted our location. Love the puppy!
—b
we love being here in Kc...because it's where God wants us...but the terrian...that's what get on our nerves:) HA!
Thats hilarious! Totally sounds like something Karl and I would do :)
Post a Comment