Sunday, January 3, 2010

6 years ago

6 years ago, my friend Noemi took these pictures of us.  We were young, in love, and engaged:)  Noemi was just starting out in the photography at the time...and let's just say I was inspired:)  Noemi is phenomenal - she shot our engagement pics and our wedding pics back in the day - and now she is one of Minneapolis's top photographers.  Check out her site at noemiphotography.com.  She captures beauty like no one else I know:)  If you're ever in Minneapolis and need a photographer...look her up!






Noemi doesn't know this, but that one little engagement shoot sparked something in me, and since then I've had a secret interest in photography.  I've played around here and there with point and shoot cameras, but just a few months ago Nathan bought me an amazing DSLR.  I have been having a blast taking pictures of Samuel, and anyone else who will let me experiment!  There's something about being a mom that just makes you want a nice camera...you want to capture every little expression and milestone in living color:)


My little brother got engaged recently to a great gal, and I got to try my first engagement photo shoot:)  Here are the results!  I'd love your feedback!  (but go easy on me...I'm new;)



Matt and Abby...wedding June 5, 2010.  Can't wait.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Katie, those pictures are great! So creative and beautiful! I love them! You obviously have a great eye... and wow, your brother looks alot like you! What a beautiful passion you've discovered! I wish you the best :)

Kyndra Lynne said...

Beautiful work, Katie! I noticed the pictures of Samuel have started to get more and more artsy. :) You do a great job and I'm excited to see more!

Nelson Family said...

Katie..those pics are awesome!! You are so right about being a mommy and wanting a nice camera. For Christmas/Anniversary/baby gift Karl got me a DSLR too!! How did you learn the ins and outs of using it? We have a Nikon D3000..what do you have? Id love any tips you have to getting to know my camera!!

Noemi Hedrick said...

Katie...thank you for all your extremely kind words! I loved capturing you and Nathan - so easy when two people are that much in love!

You're pictures of your bro and fiance are beautiful - they even have a little noemi flare to them. I love your use of backgrounds and color. Keep practicing!

Love you,
Noemi

Deana said...

Katie,
I'm so proud of you!!! You're definitely getting the $$$ worth from the camera and lenses!!! I love the pictures and look forward to a continued supply!!!! Thanks for being so great at taking pictures to share!!!